Monday, September 6, 2010

Camp Cookout

About 4pm a bunch of us gathered over at the rec hall with many bowls of salads (potato, macaroni, tuna, etc etc) and meats to be grilled and many condiments and drinks. I think I ate four different kinds of meat -- ribs, chicken, burger, brat, and four different kinds of salads. I missed out on the corn on the cob but I did get home-pickled beets (and you all know how I feel about beets). And about 6pm I got peopled out and also needed digestion aids such as loose clothing, so I went back to the rig and holed up.

Earlier in the day, Margie took me to the Safeway to stock up. We drove around a little and it turns out that Eager AZ butts right up to Springerville. And who called me about 9pm? Chuck. He was all ready to come over right then but I put him off until tomorrow. This is going to be interesting. The last time I saw him was 1987. More later.

No comments: