Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tools Two

Not only did I get to learn the table saw, so I'll be able to make the cabinets, but I got to use an impact wrench. I'm becoming close friends with ear protectors. I also got the last of the nasty carpet out of the cab itself-- you should have seen me folded up under the steering wheel, pulling and tugging and sweating. And I don't fold or unfold as easily as I used to. I think I'm going to have spray-on bedliner in the cab, which will give some insulation and noise deadening. The passenger seat is gone and in its place will be a box big enough to house the batteries and a space for other tools.

There's some repairs to do in some corners and on the ceiling. Then I'll be ready to paint (well, TSP first, then Killz primer, then paint). Then install the cabinets.

Whew.

No comments: