Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Errands Etc

So I have new glasses!!! Amazing how crisp things are. And today I applied for my new passport. As soon as I get it (6 weeks), I'll go down to Mexico for some dental work. And then I get new tires for the rig. And that's the end of my necessities.

Gabi just called this morning. They got to town last night and will come by this evening to retrieve her car. Seems they had a fender-bender in St. Louis so Greg's car is going to the shop.

Any socializing I do now will mean somebody comes to get me.

Had a fine trip to Mt. Airy and Davidson. Was really good to see the Lindas and talk about our Amazon days -- which were great except for the physical demands. Then off to see Diana B. to talk books, choose books to take with me, and watching Toy Story 3. And she made me fabulous cappuccino in the morning.

Now doing laundry at Mary-Anne's. They're scurrying to get the bulk of the house done before Joe starts work at the college again. New siding is up, needs painting. New windows are in. And so forth.

No comments: