Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Update

Pinched a nerve in my right kidney area so have been writhing in pain, applying bengay, popping pain pills, and snarling since last Thursday. It's better now -- just a dull ache instead of fiery darts. Doing tentative stretches and so far, so good.

Had an interview on Friday for a sales clerk at Rug & Home. They started interviewing that day and had people coming in every hour. Decision to be made by next Friday. Don't think I'll get it with that kind of competition. And standing on my feet for 8 hours probably wouldn't do my knees/hips any good. But I'm tired of not having a job, even though I'm still applying to lots of places. I did one through careerbuilder which lets you see how much competition there is for that position -- it was a part-time office person and there were 446 applicants, half of which already had jobs. Needless to say, I didn't get it.

Jean and Brenda have moved out of Amy's house to their own apartment. Yay! I got to put my bathing supplies back in the bathroom instead of carrying them with me from the rig. They are nice people but Brenda especially was messy and loud. So we're all breathing sighs of relief.

Got a box of books from Diana and I haven't read a single one. Exciting!

TTFN

No comments: