Sunday, December 16, 2012

Lights etc

Back in late 2010 I got four fluorescent light fixtures for the rig. Cheap on ebay. Recently, two fixtures died (ballasts blew) so I went back to ebay and got two replacements, albeit a different size (wasn't paying attention). Yesterday, Tillman and I installed the two new ones and now I have light everywhere. Yah. These fixtures aren't top quality but at $20 each and lasting for two years, I figure that's a better deal than the regular ones at $60-70 each.

Two friends and I decided not to do gifts this year but to donate to charities for each other. So I've sent what I could afford to Meal on Wheels and to Manna Food Bank. And they'll be sending something to a women's shelter for me. Good deal.

Rain, glorious rain. We sure need it. I see Sprout the cat walking by outside, totally ignoring the rain.

Thursday was a busy day (for me) -- did a dump/flush for the rig, then off to get hair cut and do a little grocery shopping. I was at a Bi-Lo in Candler (next to the hair place) and wanted some chutney; they only had Major Grey's so that's what I got, but Ingle's has a better selection so I'll go there next time I want chutney. Then met Mary-Anne for dinner at Zen Sushi. She got a Donburi shrimp bowl. I got three appetizers: Spicy Shumai, Beef Negamaki, and Shrimp/Vegetable Tempura. We shared an order of Gyoza. Yum yum. Oh yeah, I had Green Tea Ice cream for dessert.

Amy's going out of town for a week, maybe by Tuesday, so I'll do the grocery and library tomorrow to stock up for not having the car available.

I hope everyone I know has a fine holiday.

No comments: