Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fighting the Tarp

For some reason, the tarp wanted to slither around today. Maybe the wind had something to do with it. It took twice as long as normal to get it back up but I finally did. Then I took two aspirin and a nap.

Did a bunch of window sealing, especially in the cabover. Finally took down the ancient curtains, original ones, so old they split when coming off their rail. Much cleaner look. Put up quilted foil after the sealing, so now have a nice cozy cave to sleep in.

Am beginning to feel the decoupage urge so I ordered some flats to work on. I do the art on what libraries call shelf files, and they'll hold magazines, file folders, papers, books, whatever, and when I'm done with  them, they look spiffy, too. Went through the images I've collected (though huge amounts got dumped when I went on the road) and am now letting a theme percolate up from the depths.

Still no job. Applied for one that sounded perfect: 3-day a week work in a green builder's home office, but haven't heard from them. They said a heartfelt email was as good as a resume, so I did my best.

There's a summer job opening at the Grand Canyon Bookstore, but it would cost me a month's pay to get there. Shucks.

TTFN

No comments: