Thursday, April 16, 2015

Delivery soon

So on Monday I called -- that is, I tried to call -- the Dispatcher guy to schedule delivery of the shed. Totally messed up phone system. Then I called the dealer here. He called down there (in SC somewhere) and found out the dispatcher guy had moved his office and his phones hadn't been hooked up properly yet.

Anyhow, the upshot is that the shed is ready but because of the bad weather we're having (lots and lots of rain, possible flash floods, etc), they won't come until next week. Looks like next Wed. is the first dry day.

They'll call me soon and we'll discuss the actual mechanics of getting it in here.

I did get the RV out last Fri. while the guys were taking down the tree. It got inspected (passed), aired up the tires and the airbags. When they went to take it out of the bay, it wouldn't start (does everybody remember that intermittent starting problem from before?). They said they "thought" they'd fixed it sort of.

So I went off to do a dump/flush and when I wanted to leave, it wouldn't start. I called them and they came and banged on the started, which made the contacts connect, and it started. Back to the garage for a new starter. Fortunately, the bad one was still under warranty so I only got charged for labor ( which I think the starter mfg should have to pay). We'll see how long this lasts.

I am, however, planning on selling the rig as soon as the shed is electrified (heh). I mentioned it casually on a Calif. friend's FB page and some person out there bid for it. My friend said maybe she'd fly back here (she used to work for me at DBN) and drive it back to CA. Lots of other people have expressed interest, too, so I shouldn't have too much trouble selling it. Let's hope.

I'm now researching ways to get up to lofts.

No comments: