Tuesday, February 2, 2016

RIPs & Misc

RIP for Glen Frey of the Eagles; Signe Halvorsen of the Jefferson Airplane; and Abe Vigoda, actor, in my memory on the series "Barney Miller."

Tomorrow I'm having a temporary ceiling installed between the lofts to help with heat retention. I'll be using foam insulation boards (4x8) and will use eye hooks and wire to make a web for them to lie on. They're so light that it'll be easy to move one if I want to get up in a loft, or move them all when summer comes and I want the heat to go out the ridge vent.

Both Mateo's and Amy's cars are in the shop (hers just tomorrow, we think) so there's lots of juggling with my car. I may take Mateo to work tomorrow so I can have the car to do errands. I was going to use Amy's car but now that's not possible. Sigh.

My brother and his crew are wending their way down the Mexican coast and will be provisioning at Acapulco to set off on a 34-day crossing to the Marquesas Islands in the mid-Pacific. Certainly wishing them all the best.

No comments: