Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Outrage

This last week has been a whirlwind, what with lawyers, undertakers, priests, etc. All was going along well until I went last Friday (11/16) to clean out Mom's things. She had only been dead a week, and her rent was paid through the end of this month. We were informed by the extended-stay suite hotel management that the "crime scene cleaners" had come and removed everything and, they believed, had incinerated it all!!! Supposedly it was all a "biohazard," even though she didn't die of anything communicable.

I almost fainted. No-one had notified me that this would happen (or even "could" happen). It wasn't as though Mom had a lot but there were a little jewelry and her address book and some family photos and the like -- now all gone forever. And I doubt seriously that the jewelry was discarded, and what about the furniture that belonged to the hotel? Un-huh, probably not discarded either.

Outrage is too small a word for what I feel. Deep-seated rage is more like it. And I'm going to see to it that this is paid for, one way or another, by someone.

No comments: