Thursday, April 17, 2008

Echoing Around

My apartment is getting really, uh, spacious. As in, there are two chairs left, and one is the recliner I sleeep in. Nearly everything else is gone to auction or to junk dealer. So, it's really time to start loading the RV. The problem is that everything that's left is what I use on an almost daily basis, so if I load it up I'll be running back and forth to get stuff all the time. I think I'll just keep packing.

Two weeks from today I'll be setting out for SW Pennsylvania. I've allowed five days to go 450 miles so I won't be in any hurry. This will give me time to get to know the RV as a living space and to understand its quirks (if any; hah; there are always quirks).

A week from Sunday is the going-away party so the apartment needs to be mostly clean by then. Then a couple of days fussing and I'm gone.

I'm both excited and nervous, full of what-ifs. Doing my best to keep them controlled so I don't go into a total swivet.

My new laptop (new to me, that is) is up and running and all goodies are transferred over from the old unit. I'm ready to test wifi somewhere out there.

No comments: