Friday, August 15, 2008

Circular Expedition

I tried to post this yesterday but lost the connection, so let's see if it'll work today.

Went off on Monday with P and JR for a drive, ostensibly heading for Ligonier PA, a charming little town full of history and shops. Meandered through Ruffs Dale and Mt. Pleasant. Large Goodwill store where I got a silk jacket and a book. Then down through Scottdale and Vanderbilt to Connellsville (somewhere in there was Normalville). Saw a Grimm Funeral Home in one own, and later in another saw Butch Grimm's Used Cars -- cause and efffect, you think?

Stopped for lunch in a strip mall at NY Pizza and Pasta. Had mussels and ravioli; P had a reuben and JR had hot wings and beer. Not too bad. Earlier we had found a "Western Clothes" store, which pleased JR. I found a pair of Minnetonka moccasins on sale, and he found a deerskin shirt with bone buttons and fringe for a really good price.

After wandering through Flatwoods, Stockdale, Fayette City, we arrived at Belle Vernon and the Wal-Mart shopping area, where we all did a little necessary shopping. I finally got an outdoor quality 3-prong extension cord, so I can try my Mac outside and see if the connection is better.

Came on back about 4.30pm and I immediately staggered off with my booty and had a nap. A most enjoyable day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

although I DO read all your posts, I don't always comment. Just lazy I guess.
B