Sunday, July 26, 2009

Today's Pictures

Took myself to town today, mostly to do errands. Got gas (they actually had people who pump for you, and wash the windows). Stopped at Walmart to get a hanging shoe bag and a glass pie plate (to do oven cooking in). Will stop at Safeway later to get real groceries.

Then I thought I would check out the carwash on the south end of town as Ghibli is in dire need of a bath. Overshot it, however, so wound up down on the docks.

This first picture is of some fishing boats. Crescent City is a big area for both shrimp and crab. Many many crab pots piled on the wharf. Here's an arty shot of some of them.
At the far end of the wharf, I found this chainsaw sculpture of a mermaid. The artist carved his name on the back side of the block, otherwise you'd never know as there is no sign of any kind about this statue. Way in the background of the first one is Battery Point Lighthouse on its little island.



















Went off to South Beach, just past Anchor Way at the south end of town. As you can see, there's plenty of fog, and it's coming IN. [I have no idea how this underlining happened and I can't figure out how to make it go away.] [I figured it out. Had to edit the HTML, which I've never done before.]









And finally I saw this rig wandering around the dock area. Touring in style, for sure. Lots of custom work, as you can see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice rocks & great fog
B