Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back in the City

Such an exciting time I've had, here in the Aamco lot. Yesterday, I took myself on a half-mile walk to the closest Starbucks, got an over-priced cup of coffee, found a plug and got online for the first time since last Sunday (when I left the fairgrounds). Also bought a newspaper to amuse myself with after I got back (I like to read a Sunday newspaper thoroughly).

My brother came by Sat. night about 10pm. He was on his way back to Napa with supplies for his daughter's new house. He's tiling two bathrooms as well as doing other stuff. Anyhow, he wanted to check on me and make sure I'm locking my door etc.

I posted to the Toyota group about my woes. About 5pm there's a knock on the door and a guy named Kim had come by. He's in the group and had just read my post. He lives in Berkeley about two miles from Aamco. Too bad, he said, this all happened so suddenly because I know a really good mechanic not far from here and this Aamco doesn't have the greatest reputation. He himself bought a Sunrader model and is fixing it himself (he's a mechanic). Nice of him to drop by.

If all goes well, the tranny will be done tomorrow, just in time for me to drive into the city. We'll see.

And it was ready by 5pm so I started in. Bumper to bumper traffic. Finally got here about 6.15pm (it's 15 miles). Deb off to a meeting. H and I out to a Japanese dinner. Went and got Diana, who was a little late coming in. We're now all at the Mouse House (9:30 pm).

No comments: