Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bad Week

Well, it's been a very expensive week. Last Sunday, I started into Richmond from Antioch to visit Quinn for a few days. About 2 miles from her exit, the charge light came on and the temp started going up quickly. I dived off the next exit and found the closest place to stop (a business park). Popped the hood and waited for it cool off -- all the coolant had spewed out the overflow. I looked underneath and saw the busted fan belt hanging down. Called the ERS who sent out a mobile mechanic, who fixed it and replaced the coolant. $200

Went on to Quinn's and stayed until yesterday afternoon, when I was going to go back to Antioch for a few days until time to head into the city. Wouldn't start, not even turn over, just heard a click. So a tow truck finally came about 7:30 and towed me about 5 miles to a Midas shop (this was all arranged by the ERS), where I boondocked for the night. This morning they replaced the starter motor. $300

All ready to go, I got in and started the engine. Started down the street and realized it wasn't shifting out of first. Back to Midas, who tried it out and tried to knock it loose or whatever. No luck. They don't do transmissions so sent me down the road about 2 miles (in first gear) to Aamco. And they've discovered a lot of problems and are preparing to put in a new transmission. $4000

And I'll be sitting in their lot until sometime Tuesday. Diane arrives from NC Tues. evening.

AAARRRGGGHH

2 comments:

cruzin2some said...

When it rains, it pours! So sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. It is fortunate that you were close to help when you needed it.

Travel Safe
Dawn & Denise

Linda and Linda said...

Wow, that sucks big time. I hope the repairs will give you many, many trouble free miles ahead ! Stay safe !