Friday, March 18, 2011

Emergency

About 4pm yesterday Chuck yelled for me "Help! I've gone blind!"

Race over to the house where he's holding a pad to his eyes, says he has lots of pain and can't see. I get him inside and sat down, race back to the rig, get dressed, snatch a book, lock the rig. Back to the house, get car keys, and guide Chuck out to the car (which I've turned so the door is near the stairs off the porch. Off we go to the hospital.

They take him in right away, lay a wet cloth on his eyes. Doc arrives and puts some drops in his eyes which immediately helps the pain (but no prescription for this as it will dissolve the eyeball if used too much). He's not really blind, of course, but swollen and irritated etc. After about an hour, while they consult and do things, he's released with two prescriptions and directions to call his eye doctor in Show Low immediately.

So it looks like we're going to Show Low today. We were supposed to do the bank, post office, and grocery shopping (for me), but that will all have to wait. By the time we'd been back about an hour, his eyes were starting to hurt again. They gave him Percocet to take for pain and I hope he did (but he can't drink alcohol with it and he does like to drink).

He's also supposed to be taking a travel trailer down to Kearney AZ for somebody. It's all hooked up and ready to go, but we'll see after the doc appnt. I suppose I could go along, but i don't want to -- I was looking forward to being alone here and staying up late watching TV (I don't have TV in my rig -- cable/satellite only in this area).

I'll let you know the outcome later.

1 comment:

Linda and Linda said...

Did he get chemicals in his eyes or what?Scary stuff...hope it turns out OK..