Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Home

Am nicely ensconced in Amy's backyard. Got the power set up right away. Needed both the main cord, the 30-amp extension, the 110v adaptor, and the heavy-duty extension to reach all the way across the yard and down the stairs into the basement. We ran it up the porch to the rafter and across to the other side and hung it on a hook, then down the inside stair wall.

Had to go buy new water hose (100 ft) to extend the water from the rig across the yard and then across the porch and up onto the outside stair wall and then down the inside wall to go through the window into the basement. Used my splitter to attach both the washing machine and my hose. Works fine. With Amy's permission, I just opened the valve to the gray tank and am letting it out onto the ground -- it's just the kitchen sink. The gray tank is about 1/3 smaller than the black tank so it fills up faster. This way, I'll only have to go dump about once a month because I'm using Amy's bathroom most of the time.

Fiddled with the antenna and am picking up ABC, PBS, Fox, CBS, and a few weird religious stations. That'll do me.

Had a great time at Hazel and John's last night. I walked in behind Blair and it was a big shock when they saw me (a pleasant shock). Mary Jo came in and said she would be starting chemo for recurring breast cancer -- this is after a previous bout and a mastectomy -- sad news. Hope it works this time. Mary Anne came in, moving creakily from doing drywall and sanding on their new house. Joe was there, too. Then Ken Kirby and Ernie showed up. So it was a pleasant evening.

Tonight I showed Amy and her roomer Bruce how to play Crazy Rummy -- I slaughtered them but they had a good time anyhow (and so did I).

Tomorrow, I'm off to the bank to get the non-corporate account set up. Will also get a haircut. Am sending out applications -- will see how hard it's going to be to find a job. If nothing comes of these apps, I'll go to temp agencies next week.

Weather is gorgeous, but is going to be cool in a couple of days. I'm glad to be home.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like a good set-up. Good luck with the job applications. I always temped when I moved to a new place, until I found a job. I've always like temping.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhh homeat last welcome back
b