Saturday, February 11, 2012

Job

A company I interviewed with last Fall has called to see if I want to be their bookkeeper for 5-10 hrs/week, depending on their workload etc. So I'm going on Monday to talk to their current person (and why is she leaving?) and get up-to-date on what they need, how often, etc. At this point, anything is better than nothing, and I'll have a little extra to spread around, which will be nice.

Snowy and cold today, with gusty wind. Sunday sunny but still very cold. First real taste of winter here, and it's been a long time coming.

I have a new, critically acclaimed book to read (from a friend): The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern. I picked it up about a month ago and read the first 12 pages, thought "oh, it's like The Circus of Dr. Lao," and then it started not to be but still seemed interesting, put it down to go to sleep, and haven't picked it up since. Why? No idea. It's been so long now I'll have to start over. I have some sort of ingrained bias against "critically acclaimed" books, which may be an inverse snobbery sort of thing. If I ever do finish it, I'll let you know.

The February Birthday Bash at John and Hazel's has been canceled for tonight as it may be treacherous driving (supposed to be 18 tonight), so it'll be a good night to drink hot tea, read, watch TV, listen to music, do crosswords, putter online at various blogs, and the like.

TTFN

1 comment:

Linda and Linda said...

That is great news !Will keep our fingers crossed that it works out for you.