Saturday, April 14, 2012

Job Hunting Again

So the remote bookkeeping didn't work out, for various reasons. So I'm looking again. Last Monday, I interviewed for the admin/bookkeeper job for the company that owns Curate restaurant, the Spanish tapas bar in downtown with the celebrity chef. Yes, it's fulltime but I'd really like to be a part of that family. The owners said they'd gotten lots of response to their ad (surprise surprise), so the odds are against me. Let's hope that I dazzled them.

I also have applied to be a part-time teller for Wells Fargo bank. This coming Thur. I go to a gang interview at the downtown bank, a sort of pre-interview sorting out. The money's not as good as the other job though it's not terrible but it's only part-time (Saturdays required).

I've also talked to a woman who needs a dogsitter regularly and a housesitter occasionally. She lives about a mile from my address. We're waiting to hear whether I get the fulltime job, which wouldn't leave me time to go to her house 2-3 times a day.

So, we'll see.

In other news, there ain't hardly any:
---I feel bad for MAM having to put down Dusty, the dog she rescued many years ago. That's always a wrench.
---I'm also hoping to get going on my little renovation project real soon now.
---I'm battling pissants.

No comments: