Sunday, April 1, 2012

Renovation time

I'm going today to choose fabric for my new seating area in the rig (where the dinette used to be and which has been full of book bins, printer, scanner, etc. ). I'd love to get something spectacular -- you know, embroidered dragons or the like -- but I must be somewhat practical. So we'll see.

I'm rethinking the cushion design again. I had planned to do two pieces -- one big one spanning the foot well and a smaller one to fill the rest of the space. But now I'm thinking I'll revert to my original plan and have two pieces that fit the seats and a third piece across the footwell. I'll have to put braces in to support it but it'll be easier to remove and sit with feet on the floor if desired. Then I can have a TV tray for a little folding table to put there to play cards on, say.

In an RV, flexibility is a good thing.

Oh yeah, I'm not being the bookkeeper for that company anymore -- did I mention that already?

1 comment:

Linda and Linda said...

Sorry that the bookkeeper job didn't work out but that is the neat thing about our gypsy lives. We reinvent ourselves and discover what works for us and what doesn't and move on that which does work.