Sunday, August 19, 2012

Rocking along

Well, I got my new windshield and it's gorgeous. Of course, I'm still having that intermittent starting problem. I can usually get it started by going under the hood and banging on the starter motor, but I shouldn't have to do that. So I'm looking for a mechanic to do some diagnosis and repair.

Amy's car has been in the shop for a whole new engine (oil seals were allowed to dry out and then crack so it trashed the engine). Anyhow, two night she couldn't find anybody to give her a ride home so I got to go after her in the rig. Haven't had it out at night much at all. Fortunately, all the running lights work great. Also, she gets off at 11pm so there's not much traffic. She has it back now and it's running fine.

I took apart the cushions I'd made and have used the batting to cover the wheelwell. Then I put rubber matting over it to keep storage bins from sliding off it. I'll be using more batting to cover the nozzle housing so it's more comfortable to put my feet on. Next thing is to rework the fabric to make curtains.

Other than that, still no job. And I have serious road envy looking at the bogs of my RVing friends. Ah well, some day I may get back out there.

No comments: