Saturday, October 6, 2012

Proudness

A friend of Amy's is a drag queen, so Tillman, Amy, and I went downtown today for the Gay Pride gathering and drag queen show. Miss Vanity was fabulous (as expected). On the way in, I was accosted by a lesbian who commanded me to "smile -- you can't go any farther until you smile!" She was pretty cute, so I smiled, and laughed, too. Then I ran into Jeff, who used to work at Downtown Books (he's a cross-dresser but wasn't dressed up today). Amy's boss showed up with a sash saying that he's NC Gay Pride something something At Large 2012. Well, he is large.

Dragged out the winter jackets, shirts, and shoes today. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 51 and almost freezing tomorrow night. Put away the really light clothing and was surprised at how  little space they took up.  Of course, I've been getting rid of stuff right along; guess I pared down more than I thought.

Off to play cards this evening over at Hazel & John's. Missed two Saturdays, and then they were gone for two Saturdays, so it's been a month since I've seen them.

No comments: