Sunday, June 16, 2013

Maintenance & Roadtrip

It got up to 88 deg a few days ago so I turned on the a/c. Warm air. Damn. Did some research and found a certified RV mobile tech. It took him a few days to finish up some jobs and get here, but it turned out to be a relay that needed resetting (something I wouldn't have known to do myself) and the a/c is fine. Yay.

Amy and I are going to do a roadtrip in late Aug early Sep to NY (near New Paltz) for a wedding of her friends. We'll come back across Penn. to the Pittsburgh area where I'll get to visit Phyllis, who worked with me at the Madison KOA back in 08, and we'll both visit Jason in the city, who worked with us at a bookstore here in Asheville in 07.

I'm in the process of finding out about weird things to visit (Amy likes things like world's biggest ball of twine or a bowling ball fence [actually in Kansas]). If anybody has suggestions, let me know. Also looking for good RV parks heading across PA from Scranton to Pittsburgh. We'd also like one between the city and Greensburg (southeast side).

It'll be fun to be back on the road again, even if for a short time.

1 comment:

Linda and Linda said...

How exciting ! Happy that you get to hit the road for a little bit. Once you know your route across Pennsylvania, let Linda know. She might be able to intercept you to see you. She'll be driving me to the internship August 19-20 and then will return to PA area to visit family and friends and stay around there. Would be great to see you!