Sunday, August 24, 2014

DragonCon

Yep, Amy and I are off to see the wiza . . . er . . . dragon in Atlanta. This is a huge con, uses five hotels in downtown, cosplayers everywhere. Fortunately, we're staying with some friends of Amy's and taking Marta in each day.

Quinn Yarbro, my writer friend, is scheduled to be on ten panels in the Fantasy / Urban Fantasy / Horror tracks, so I'll get to see her (last time was in SF Bay area in 2010 when I was still RV-ing. There was a big earthquake (6.0) this morning nearby so I'll call her and my brother soon to check in.

Not only will be it hot (like 88-90 or so), it'll be full of -- wait for it -- people. I plan to do a lot of drifting around the far edges and finding hiding spots to retreat to. If I can do those two things, I'll enjoy the people-watching in short snatches.

Of course, I have lots to do before Weds., like buy a jack & tire iron (just got a spare "space saver" tire), get cash, pack. Am also going to buy one of those canes that have fold-out seats so I can rest the knees from time to time when waiting in long lines. Also, host gifts. Also also -- check my list.

If I survive, I'll post.

No comments: