Monday, August 13, 2007

Dance dance limp limp

So I went and had my dance "placement" session. The nice instructor's (C.J.) summing up was: Well , you obviously have the knowledge so you could go into the advanced class. But your skills are rusty [yep, after 40 years they're liable to be] so I think the intermediate level would be better. And I agree with him. Also, after 45 minutes of dancing different dances, the knees were speaking up loudly. However, I didn't step on him or fall down, so I was pleased.

Most interesting was what I remembered -- we did waltz, foxtrot, rumba, cha-cha, jive, mambo, tango, and bolero (he said, do you know bolero? I said, I don't remember. But when we started it, I said, Oh yes, I remember this!). Not too bad for an old lady. I'm going to start the 12-week session on 10 Sept.

Saturday night, I went out for the weekly party. I watched for quite a while and then C.J. asked me to waltz. The knees were complaining fairly loudly after that so I left and went to John and Hazel's to play cards with John and Blair. And home around 10:30. At least the knees didn't swell up, what with all the unaccustomed activity.

No comments: