Saturday, August 18, 2007

Failure to dance

I should have gone to the dance party last night but couldn't motivate myself out of my comfy chair. I think it'll be easier once I start the lessons as I'll know more people and won't be so much of a wallflowers. That's the thinking, anyhow.

I was hoping to find a place to swim, too, but the YWCA and YMCA are quite expensive, as are the gyms with pools. Also, water temps are 84 deg. Might as well stay home and play in the tub. I understand about keeping joints warm but exercise warms you up, too, so I don't need warm water to start. And the humidity -- I can't breathe well. So my new bathing suit is unused as yet.

My fabulous midcentury modern sling chair is on its way to being repaired and refurbished. Yah! It's the most comfortable chair I've ever had. Think of a bentwood rocker, you know, with all the steam-bent wood in huge curves on the sides? That's what my chair looks like. I got the break welded, have put the seat cushion in for reupholstery, and now have to clean the chromed sides and repaint with chrome auto paint (can't begin to afford actual rechroming). The chair comes apart into 4 pieces: the two sides, the main sling (which snaps over the crossbars), and the seat (which snaps to the sling). So it's a perfect chair to go RVing with as it's compact and lightweight.

Later.

No comments: