Friday, February 15, 2008

Killz Paint

Today I finished putting Killz oil-based primer everywhere inside the RV, including in my hair and on my glasses. I think I'm the world's sloppiest painter. It's imperative I work with the brush or roller in one hand and a wipe rage in the other. It took a full gallon of Killz to do it all, and I now have muscle aches in odd places. And then there's the cleanup. If you're a sloppy painter, your brushes are covered in paint at the end, as are your clothes.

I did the TSP two days ago and forgot to wear gloves so I came out with blisters and redness all over my hands.

Tomorrow I start putting on the real paint, in a color (summer sage), so I'm going to have to slow down and be careful because I really do want it to look nice.

The older I get the more I believe in the old saying, "good enough for government work."

4 comments:

Betty in Alaska said...

Lindig...
You didn't say anything about goggles or a respiratory!! Kilz is a very toxic "paint"...were you giddy when you were finished...lol
I would love to see some pictures of the progress you're making on your RV.
Betty in Alaska

imMovable Book Lady said...

Betty...
Well, I had my glasses on -- does that count? I had the door and windows open. No giddiness except from exhaustion (drat!).

Many pics have been taken and will be posted once I figure out how.

Betty in Alaska said...

Wow...I just checked the posting time on our "comments". You must have been online when I sent mine!

Can't wait to see those pictures!!
By the way, to post a picture:
On the page that you type your post for the day, just above the box you type in, you should see a row of "options". Look toward the end of that row and place your cursor on the one that looks like a picture. Before you click on it, a box should appear that says "Add Image". That's how you add pictures! Let me know if I confused you totally...lol
Betty in Alaska

imMovable Book Lady said...

Betty,
Yeah, I was checking my gmail. I get a notice whenever someone comments. As to photos, the problem is that they're on my friend's camera and then on her computer. So the location url is not available to me. I'll get on with her sometime and upload them from her site to my groups. Probably not to my blog as there are over 200 pics. Hmmm. I could just pick one or two. I'll let you know.