Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Working But Not

Not having a job is weird. This is the first time since 1987 I've been jobless. There's no structure to my days so I have to be my own disciplinarian. If I don't, the RV isn't going to get done. Some progress has been made. Joe is figuring out the old electrical system and wiring. I caulked nine million holes in the cab floor (slight hyperbole). I've put down the underlayment on the cab floor and overlaid it with rubber matting, so we can reinstall the driver seat.. A new regulator and hose fitting has been purchased for the propane tank and Joe will install them this weekend. I'll begin making the box for the passenger side of the cab -- this will be storage for heavy things, probably tools etc. It'll also provide an armrest and drink place and desktop.

Next is the TSP, Killz, and paint the interior. Then make and install the cabinets, using "hardware cloth" as door insets. This is actually gridded wire, so why it's called cloth is unknown.

Still discussing the option of generator versus inverter.

And the matter of my mother's estate rolls on. I sure hope it's all finished before I hit the road.

I had a nice flirtation going with a younger man but, sadly, it's fizzled out. Ah well.

2 comments:

Betty in Alaska said...

Hello Lindig...
Wow...another lady that's using tools! I started using hand tools when I decided my cabin needed to be remodeled...back in 2003! Our summers are short here, so I'm still not finished! You'll have to visit Alaska... with all your experience of remodeling your motorhome, you probably would have plenty of "helpful hints" for me to get it done!

I haven't finished reading all of your posts on your blog yet, but you're doing a great job.

I've started a blog also, but I have only one post until I get closer to the time when I leave in April. If you'd like to take a look and keep in touch, here it is:

Bettysmotorhometravels.blogspot.com

I'll be bookmarking your's so I can see how your travels go!
Betty in Alaska

Anonymous said...

:(