Saturday, June 6, 2009

Getting Started

Have worked three short days so far and my Kampsite computer skills are coming back. Joan said she wouldn't have me answer the phone for a month because I wouldn't know the answers to any questions about the sites, but I was told to answer it just yesterday.

It's true that almost every site here is different, especially the ones back in the redwood forest. We've got about 13 acres of redwoods with tent sites and cabins and rv sites tucked away in odd places. I'm going to be sent out on the golf cart to look at and try to remember the sites. They do come up on the computer with notes.

I'm now off for three days and went to town this morning to get something to be my pantry. I decided to restore the pantry to its function as a closet. It has an RV-style bar for hanging clothes (metal with V-shaped cutouts). Having the hanging clothes in the shower stall meant having sleeves in your face when using the toilet. Irritating.

I found a 4-bin utility shelving unit that just fits the shower stall. So I put it together and now all my foodstuffs are put away in drawers and the clothes are hung in the closet. Now all I have to do is turn the closet door back around to hinge on the left (remember when I turned it around to hinge on the right? That worked when it was a pantry) so when dressing, all clothes are easily accessible. That's an easy fix.

Using the bottom bin is a bit of a pain as it can't slide out, but if you take out the bin above it, you can reach in and get stuff out. So the bottom bin gets stuff not needed very often and the bin above it gets really lightweight stuff (like bread or chips) so it's easy to move out.

Logical, eh? I'm pretty pleased with how it all came out.

No comments: