Friday, June 29, 2012

Renovation Done

Just finished up the reno inside the rig. Here's a pic of how it was when I bought it four years ago.

Notice how narrow the aisle is. And here's how it look now.
The dinette table  has been gone for a long time and I had book bins piled up there. The edge of the carpet shows where the couch used to be. Now I have a counter and chair and it's six inches narrower than the couch used to be, and it doesn't stick out past the fridge (lower right). That white blob is my computer. The scanner is up there, too, and the radio and a sundries box, etc.

The next picture shows the book bins neatly stacked under the counter, still accessible but visually out of the way. I put the printer down there, too, as it took up more real estate on the counter than I wanted it to and I don't need it every day.
The wood box at the bottom is over the wheelwell. You can see the tension rods, one between the bins and one next to the chair; the L-brackets are good but the counter is two feet wide and I needed some more support towards the aisle. They work great.

Anyhow, I'm thrilled at my extra space and ease of moving around and lack of visual clutter. At the moment, the couch seat is in the old dinette area (the new seating area) because the cushions I made weren't comfortable enough. Eventually I'll do something "official" about that, but it'll do for now.

I hate heat. Hooray for A/C and for my new arrangement, now that I'm holed up in the rig more often to stay comfortable.

No comments: