Thursday, June 14, 2012

Next hope

Last Thursday, I interviewed for a job that I think would really be challenging and exhausting and fun. It's for a "socially responsible investment" company in an admin asst/concierge position. The company's really small (about six people) and scattered all over; only the head guy lives here. The position is also virtual, which means I'd get to work at home on my computer on my schedule. Of course, there'd be  some time constraints as part of the job is dealing with the clients and making and keeping them happy. And do database stuff. And help set up social events. And all and sundry.

I was one of six he chose to interview. Today is the last day he'll be interviewing and then he'll mull it over and choose two for further assessment, which will include an extensive personality assessment test and a lunch with him and his wife (who's a PhD in biology) to check for further compatibility. And then there'll be a six-month trial. Phew. But it's part-time (he says) and it pays really well. I should hear by Monday whether yea or nay on advancing.

I looked online and found the test he mentioned (he's very impressed with it): DISC Drive Influence Steadiness Compliance. It's very expensive so I couldn't take the original, but I found some ripoffs and tried a couple out. One result was in this order: Influence Steadiness Drive Compliance, so I like to have influence, am steady and reliable, moderately driven for dominance, and not very compliant (heh). Another ripoff comes up with a single result: Master of Mazes, with a long paragraph about the meaning. All very interesting.

Now all I need is to be one of the two and then blow the other out of the water.

Other than that, not much is going on. I've acquired the stuff to make my cushions and will be doing that soon. Then get Josh over here with his skillsaw, remove the couch, put up the counter, and I have a new interior.

Went out about 1 am last night to go grocery shopping. Not going out to dinner tonight so no need to have the car. Beautiful night, little traffic, few people -- lovely.

1 comment:

Linda and Linda said...

Keeping our fingers crossed that you advance and knock the competition out of the water. Keep us posted !