Sunday, June 24, 2012

Shrug

Well, I'm assuming that I didn't get the admin/concierge job. Here's the timeline: Two weeks ago on Thursday, I interviewed. The CEO Peter Krull told me he'd chosen six people to interview, which he would be done doing last Thursday as week ago. Then he would take a few days and then choose two people for a second interview, including lunch with his wife. As it's been over a week since he finished interviewing and I haven't heard anything, I guess I wasn't one of the two.

It seems rude not to have gotten a phone call or an email to update me. After all, he was only dealing with six people in total.

Shrug.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. When I was setting up interviews we'd get TONS of responses and I'd go through and notify only the ones the boss wanted to see. Anyone who interviewed got a response from me whether they got the job or not. I agree, that's not too much to handle, the applicants are waiting for a yes or no, and their usually aren't many of them. I'd send out a form letter, and personalize it for the person. Only took a minute each.

When I was interviewing the last time, I went through the same thing. I'd do a little research on the company, then on the day of the interview I'd shower, fix my hair and make-up, figure out something appropriate to wear for that job, get directions and drive to the company. Wait in the lobby, then go through the interview, sometimes two, meet the people, answer all the questions, and then drive home. And never hear from them again. (This isn't what used to happen, it started when I was around 55 years old. Age made a BIG negative difference in the outcome of my interviews.)

And then if I was lucky, the next day I'd go through the same things again. And again. And again.

Is it any wonder people are on unemployment for as long as they can get it? Especially older people? :(

Although I never applied for unemployment while a temp, my understanding is that if you are a temp, you can collect unemployment during the times you aren't working. In hindsight, that's what I should have done. Of course, there isn't much money in temping, and that is reflected in the unemployment amount you get, but at least it's something.