Friday, March 28, 2008

Bite me

Taxes always bite. Today I got hit with the NC sales tax for my RV when I went to change the title and get a tag. $256.00! Now, I didn't buy it in NC so why am I paying NC sales tax? Off to the DMV website to find out it's not exactly a sales tax, it's a highway use tax. Humph.

And the insurance for the RV, including fulltimer's liability, will be about $600 a year.

Also sent in my registration for the RV Women Convention in Charleston SC in late Sept. So I get to shell out over $1000 in one day.

Bites hard.

Nibbling is a whole different game, but that's another story.

Am re-reading my Ross Thomas collection. Outstanding writer of political intrigue and thriller-style mysteries. He gets put into Mystery because lots of people die but he's really a commentator on social mores. He also has great quirky characters. Am also reading a lot of Mark Twain's nonfiction. Scored a couple of DVDs for my collection: White Knights, with Mikhail Barishnikov and Gregory Hines, and Isabella Rossellini; and Kung Fu Hustle by Stephen Chow. Found them both in a truckstop in SC.

Dean's coming over soon to get my new laptop set up for me. Hooray!

Time's getting short so ruthless behavior will set in very soon. Throw it out. Give it away. Whatever. It's gone. And so will I be soon.

No comments: