Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Singing a happy song

I told the Yahoo Toyota RV group two days ago that I needed to buy a new rig. Yesterday I got an email from a member just one state away who has a beautiful 1985 Sunland Express model (all fiberglass). He was about to put it up for sale and notified me first. I called him and we discussed the pictures he'd sent me and how much he's done to it ($15000 in repairs and upgrades, including a rebuilt engine with only 10000 miles on it).

Today I sent him an email saying I want to buy it. Tomorrow I'll call him and discuss arrangements for payment and pickup. Going to Myrtle Beach SC to get it will be no hardship.

I feel much better now (thank you, John Astin). Both Joe and I are relieved to be out from under the gun on the restoration. Ahhh. Life is good.

2 comments:

Betty in Alaska said...

Hi Lindig...
I'm so happy for you! Maybe with all the upgrades to the 85 Sunland, it's ready for a trip to Alaska!!.....:)
Betty in Alaska

imMovable Book Lady said...

Betty,
Yep, that's definitely on the list. I'm thinking about getting a CDL and then I can workamp for one of the tour companies up there. And I'll for sure let you know. Probably won't be before 2010, though. The rest of 08 is already filled, and I want to go see friends for most of 09.

I'll be seeing you.
Lindig