Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sexy Ghibli

Am just back from Myrtle Beach with my RV. Brought it through high winds, torrential rains, and over Saluda Grade. It performed just fine with no leaks. It'll look even better once I begin to personalize it to my taste. Basic color scheme is blue and white, nicely inoffensive. I've named him (it turns out to be a "he" for some reason) Ghibli, Arabic for sandstorm. I spent two years in Tripoli Libya and we could watch the sandstorms boil up out of the Sahara.

Myrtle Beach is just as tacky as I remember it, growing up in Wilmington NC, about 50 miles away. Of course, mid-March isn't crowded (hooray) and there weren't any hordes of beer-sodden testosterone-flaunting adolescent males (that includes those up to about age 30). And no gaggles of giggling, boob-thrusting, ass-wiggling adolescent females, who need all that movement to break through the bleary gaze of the beer-sodden (see above). Those males I saw who weren't young enough to my grandsons were fat, ugly, and festooned with family. Except for the two Orthodox Jews who don't acknowledge the existence of women anyhow.

So much for a wild fling while out of town. I don't even get wild flings here in town. Maybe my luck will change out on the road. I'm actually sort of tired of being celibate, though not enough to take just anything that's on offer. Generally speaking, those I would take aren't available. Sigh. And I've had enough experience in my past that I certainly don't feel I'm missing anything, so what I'm looking for is more mental with the physical as a nice bonus. We'll just have to see what's out there, won't we (that's the imperial we). And I never forget that wherever I go I take me with me, so don't expect anything too different.

No comments: