Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whizzing Around

Today, I volunteered to drive one of the golf cart "taxis". Mine was the 8 passenger gasoline engine one. Did that for two hours and had lots of fun. Now know lots of short cuts. Will do this for two hours a day for the rest of the convention. However, I'm beginning to get peopled out and remembering why I don't join groups. Today was the Opening Ceremonies and I was deputed to carry the banner for the Fulltimers chapter into the meeting space, full of cheering, clapping women. Being in such a crowd was bad enough but then we had the "colors" brought in, pledged allegiance to the flag with "under god" (I stood silent), sang the national anthem (still silent) and the Canadian anthem O Canada (of course I was silent). Much shouting and clapping. My ears started to get red so I got the hell out before I blurted out something unforgivable. Came home where I am blessedly alone and all is quiet (except for an occasional goose honk).

Believe I need to do less so I'll really enjoy what I do decide to do. Acquired an RVW winter vest (think Kansas in winter) and a nice mug. Also got some velcro awning straps as mine have bit the dust. Got a little fridge thermometer and a fan. Helps it work better. Supper was at a reception for the vendors -- sandwiches, fruit, etc. Met the woman insurance broker I got my RV insurance through. Saw a black pearl ring I liked but restrained myself. Also went to the seminar on Tomboy Tools, specially made for women (they're PINK!).

Stats say about 400 attendees. Line dancing classes tomorrow. Fulltimers meeting Friday. Am looking forward to Sunday already.

No comments: