Monday, June 14, 2010

The Family Returneth

Gabi Greg Milo were supposed to land at 9.40 pm last night. I got a call from Gabi in the late afternoon, saying they were in DC and their plane would be leaving two hours later than scheduled, so they would be in the air at 7pm est and wouldn't arrive here until around 11pm.

So I had time to cook a nice meal (boy, is their oven hotter than mine!) and see the season premiers of Holmes on Homes and Design Star and Color Splash.

About 10.30 I headed off to the airport. After exiting I-25, the only option is to turn left to go into the airport. I didn't want to pay for short-term parking, so I pulled off at the top of the T and waited for Gabi to call me, which she did after they'd landed. But naturally, the gate was in use so they had to tow a plane away before their plane could come into the gate. They were to call me when they had their bags and were ready for pickup. She called to say the carseat for Milo was missing and they were at Baggage Claim trying to find it (which they did).

Eventually, about 12.15, they were ready and I swooped down the road about 1/4 mile and picked them up. They were exhausted but said they had a good time. Got home here about 12.45.

No comments: