Sunday, June 20, 2010

Upcoming Visit

Looks like I'll be making a quick visit to Asheville sometime around my birthday. Gabi & Greg are hiring me to drive her car from Abq to NC (cost about half what they'd pay otherwise). They'll be taking a more roundabout route to visit folk on the way, but I'll make a beeline home. I'll see whether I can park my rig at Arbor RV Park while I'm gone (shouldn't cost too much as it won't be hooked up). I'll stay at Hazel & John's while in town, and can use Gabi's car until they get to town.

It is 1600 or so miles so it'll take a few days to get there (probably five days) -- I can't do that drive-till-you-drop stuff anymore. Although, come to think of it, I made it from Avl to Kansas (1000 miles) in two days in late 2008. It all depends on whether I get into what I call "driving mode." I'm planning to stay about a week. And then I'll take Greyhound back (much the cheapest way -- $100 vs. Amtrak for $300), get a taxi to the rv park, get hooked up, and collapse.

I'll see y'all soon.

1 comment:

Linda and Linda said...

When will you be coming this way ? Would love to try and meet up if we can. Let us know your plans.