Monday, January 3, 2011

Quiet quiet

Have been holed up here at the CC Co. Fairgrounds since Thursday 12/30, under gray skies with lots of rain. Just a few rigs here and we're all nicely spaced out. Have watched a number of rigs come in to dump -- thought one guy was going to clip my nose. They all seem to want to stretch across several sites instead of backing into one site. Humph.

It's supposed to warm up a little (into the mid-50s) and clear up, too, so tomorrow should be a nice day. Think I'll get cleaned up and go off to do laundry and grocery shop. Am really broke so no messing around, just necessities.

There have been a few recall jobs in the area but they've been jumped on and taken before I get signed in. I'm trying to hook up with a national inventory company (did the application today) -- they've got a couple of jobs listed in the Gilroy and Modesto CA areas so maybe something will come of that. Am also applying for part-time jobs I find on craigslist, but there's a lot of competition around here. I may go later this week or early next to sign up at a temp agency, like Kelly Girls or some other.

Looks like I'll be house-sitting at Deb's place in the city while she and my brother go off to New Zealand. There's a guy nearby who's always on alert for "illegal" parkers (he called the city on my rig and I got a notice to move -- that's why I didn't spend new year's at my brother's). However, the day I was leaving, he came out and I got introduced and Deb mentioned that I'd be back in Feb. for their trip. She and I think we did good diplomatic work to prepare for my rig to be there for a few weeks. We'll see.

TTFN

No comments: