Thursday, January 20, 2011

Recent Visits

I left Antioch and drove into Richmond to park in front of Christine's house. She's a friend of Quinn's and I wanted to get to know her better. Well, the first thing I found out is that she has no heat in her house and no wifi/dsl so no computer. She did have three nice cats and was dog sitting an 18-yr-old pit bull mix, a nice dog.

After four days there, I moved about 10 blocks to park in front of Quinn's until today. I did get to use her shower but it didn't suit me too well, not least of because is the showerhead for short people, which means I have to wash my hair bending forward. And we watched some TV that she wanted to watch. So I got to the see the movie "Iron Man." Yay.

Am now back out at the fairgrounds, with wifi, heat, power, water, and level -- all the streets are crowned so I've been sleeping with my head either up or down.

Turns out H and D aren't going to New Zealand after all because D's mom is having more surgery and it's dicey, so she doesn't think she ought to be halfway around the globe. But I'm welcome to stay anyhow and so is Diana, who's coming from Charlotte for a week. It just means a slightly more crowded house and no car available. But we'll have a good time anyhow.

After that, I'm going to head back to Eager to hang out for free before I meander towards Asheville.

No comments: