Friday, March 6, 2009

TX to NC

Left Uvalde area Sun am, March 1. Made the Escapees Park in Livingston by 5pm (about 400 mi). Stayed there Monday. Tue am left there, hit I-10 all the way to Mobile, turned north on I-65, and spent the night in the Mississippi Welcome Center. Wed. night was spent in a truck stop about 50 miles south of Atlanta. Rolled into Diana B's driveway about 4pm Thurs. No problems along way (except for weird clatter in the engine) and great driving weather.

So Diana and I settled in for a marathon of Ru Paul's new drag queen reality show. Taking a break I went on the tiny porch to have a smoke and promptly fell down the brick steps (I had forgotten to turn on the porch light). Fortunately, she was in the front room and heard the godawful noises I was making (after the thumping). So I now have an ugly gash on my forehead, extending into my eyebrow (from greeting the pathway with my face), assorted other scrapes and bruises, etc etc. But nothing is broken or sprained. Good thing I planned on staying here tomorrow because I can just bet I'm going to be creeping around and moaning a lot. My right buttock must have hit along the stairs because it really hurts, so driving on Sat is going to be a lot of fun.

But I'll be there. I just won't be able to jump for joy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm not the only one who falls down steps. Glad you're mostly OK see you soon !!!!!!!!!!!!
kisses
B

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

Heal up soon. Glad you're still able to type ;)

bmwloco

Anonymous said...

Down the steps--woman, how much gin had you had? Looking forward to seeing you when you get "home".