Saturday, February 28, 2009

Last Post for a Week or So

Am heading out tomorrow morning. Can't wait.

Was awakened this am about 4 with high winds and the awning jerking. So, roll out of bed, put on some clothing, stumble outside with the awning hook, let awning roll up, back inside, back into bed. An hour later, still awake, rig jerking with wind.

So, am up. It's not particularly cold, though it's 20 deg cooler than yesterday, when it hit 93!!! Hooray for air conditioning. Today's high should be about 71 but 30 mph winds. Hope it doesn't kick off the allergies (took an antihistamine just in case). Supposed to be calmer tomorrow, in the low 70s. If true, will be a perfect travel day.

A long one, though, as I'm aiming to cover almost 400 miles, to stay at the Escapees Park in Livingston TX. Have already had an email welcome from the officials, and an RVW Fulltimer who's already there and saw my post on the yahoo group. All I have to do is fend off the indiscriminate huggers.

There are people I love to hug (a couple of guys I know are really great huggers). There are people I don't mind hugging. There are also people I will tolerate hugging from. None of these people are strangers. I don't like to hug strangers -- who knows where they've been? And if they'll hug strange people, who knows what else strange they might hug?

So a cordial (stiff-armed) handshake will have to do them.

But I'm looking forward to hugs when I get back "home" -- y'all take note.

No comments: