Saturday, April 18, 2009

Albuquerque 1

Rolled into town about 1pm. Wended my way to Gabi and Greg's house. She's the daughter of one of my closest friends in Asheville. We had a nice lunch and now are about to have a nice dinner. Milo, their son (age 3) is a "rascal," as he likes to term himself. After I'd been there awhile, I came out to the rig (where I now have power) for a nap. When I returned, he just looked up and said, "oh" as in "oh it's just you." And it was a pleasure to see Rupert the cat again -- I cat-sat him for a week or so years ago in my bookstore. He was great, and he still is.

We'll do some bookstoring tomorrow, just for fun. Mostly we'll just laze about and talk and read and have a nice time.

I stopped in Santa Rosa NM at the Rt 66 Auto Museum, which is full of memorabilia as well as cars. And they had fabulous music playing. Ah, the memories. Bought myself a souvenir bag.

Monday I'll move over to the Campbells side of town for the rest of the week.

No comments: