Sunday, April 12, 2009

Springfield MO

Spent last night in a Walmart lot in Eureka IL near Six Flags, after leaving Terre Haute about 10am. Beautiful day. Left there about 9am and went down I-70 to St. Louis and onto I-44 west towards Springfield MO. The route went right past the Arch, which is really quite a sight.

Left the interstate at Rolla and went south on US 63 to Cabool (chuckle), then west on US 60 to Springfield, where I found a KOA. The day was overcast and cool, then it began to rain and then the wind picked up. So it's nice to be in a campground with power, so I have heat and wifi and lights. Made potato soup with chicken chunks for dinner, and gingersnaps for after.

Tomorrow will make a start on following the old Route 66, which isn't even on most modern maps, but there are some signs. Heading for Tulsa (near my old Kansas stomping ground but I'm NOT going to Coffeyville).

No telling when I'll have wifi next.

No comments: