Thursday, April 9, 2009

Terre Haute

Arrived yesterday after a nice drive of about 75 miles. Came along US 40, four-lane, mostly empty so could run 55. Stopped for lunch in Walmart parking lot. Dr. Sharon Russell, retired professor from Indiana State Univ., is my host. She has a Cairn Terrier who's been cast as Toto in a local theatre production of Wizard of Oz and so they have rehearsals every evening. The big Weimaraner is not very well-mannered but he's a nice dog. He's finally decided that I'm a part of the house so is much less boisterous than at first.

Will be staying here till Sat. morning as there are big storms moving in. Then off to wend my way to New Mexico.

Ate a gumbo-like dish this evening that had okra in it and -- wait for it -- I ate it. Fortunately, there was enough other stuff, including andouille sausage, that it masked the okra. Was good.

1 comment:

Ma's Prema said...

Hey Lindig,
I don't have your e-mail address. Question: how come you aren't on goodreads? I keep looking for you there, hunting for new mysteries.
Pickett