Thursday, July 8, 2010

NC Visit

Have just learned that John & Hazel won't have a bed for me after all -- their current guest (Ken Kirby) has decided to stay longer. So Mary Jo has graciously offered me a place at her house -- where I lived for 18 years before, on Montford Ave. Good thing, too, or I might be out on the street.

Will be leaving my rig at a mechanic's so he can do a little work while I'm gone. He's mostly an engine rebuilder and can only fit little repairs like mine around other work. That'll give him three weeks to fix the ER brake cable, the transmission pan gasket, and the transmission rear output seal. And it gives me a secure place to put the rig while I'm gone. Good deal.

We're starting to pick up the packing pace. It's only 2-1/2 weeks until I leave. Yah!

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Lin - you must have assumed it was Ken Kirby - it is not - it is their son, Ken who is staying in the guest room. m j

Anonymous said...

Out on the street? Don't see anybody letting that happen.