Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Same ol' same ol'

What can I say? Nothing exciting is going on. It's pack pack swim swim pack pack sleep sleep, and repeat.

I did go get my bus ticket yesterday, so I'm set for the return from Avl to Abq on 16 Aug. I read the fine print (naturally) and discovered that I'm responsible for transferring my luggage from bus to bus, which I have to do twice -- Knoxville and Okla. City. I'm also allowed one bag free so I'll have to pay extra for the box of books I'll be bringing back with me. And I'm allowed one bag inside (plus purse) that has to fit the overhead bin or under my seat.

Luggage-wise, I'm in a slight bind. The only thing I have is a nylon travel bag that folds up to about 6" square. That and the book box will get checked. Then I'm thinking I'll use the Ingle's insulated bag to put the computer etc in (because it zips) and then put that bag inside a bigger tote with my pillow to carry inside, plus purse (which has lots of pockets). I'll make it work.

Early Monday, taking the rig over to the mechanic to leave with him. He'll have 3 weeks to fix the transmission gasket/seal. Gabi will follow in the car. Back to the house where she'll get out, lots of hugging and good wishes, and then I'll start out for home.

See y'all soon.

No comments: