Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Frustration Exercises

My online bank has set up some new "security" upgrades, without telling me, of course. So I can't log on anymore without going through a new setup, involving six(!) security questions. One choice is "what was your first job" -- that was 1961, for heaven's sake, retail clerk in a five-&-dime type store that I don't remember the name of. I managed to finally get through all that rigamarole, then there were the verified codes to my phone and my email, which I had to go get and type in.

I also did an upgrade on my operating system and am now having browser problems (it's really slow all of a sudden) and occasional error messages when I try to do something. Aaargh.

Yes yes, I suppose it's all good in the long run, but I started out at 7am and it's now 10am, so I'm tired and annoyed.

On the good side, the black tank has been 99% repaired with ABS cement; the guy suggests that I dump more frequently, just in case. I can do that, especially since he only charged me $25 because he couldn't do 100% repair.

The new fluorescent lights should arrive today, so I'll be taking out the range hood and the bad light fixture over the kitchen sink and replacing it with a 2ft fixture. And I'll have headroom over the stove.

Tomorrow I'm going to take Chuck to lunch at Los Dos Molinos and we're going to have the Mexican Pizza. Yum.

No comments: