Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tank etc.

Tomorrow I'll do a dump/flush and disconnect the sewer line. Then the black tank will be taken out. Then we can do careful measuring, especially of exactly where the toilet line is and where the dump valve is.

Then! I can order a new ABS plastic tank for less than I can get the old tank repaired. The old tank is 25 years old and has gotten quite thin in places, probably from UV light damage. But I've found an online supplier that pretty much does nothing but tanks of all kinds. The plastic will be lighter, too, which is always good in an RV.

The roof will have to wait.

The weather has turned very wintry -- mid-40s day, upper teens at night. Hooray for my new flannel sheets.

Chuck's cataract surgery went very well. Operated on yesterday, follow-up visit today and the eye patch was left off. This evening he read some small print without glasses. He's thrilled. Here's a pic I took when I was here in Sept. -- he's trimmed his beard and sideburns (hooray).
TTFN

No comments: