Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lights & Roof & Wind, oh my

Chuck got a coat of roof sealant on today before the clouds blew in with the stiff wind and the temps dropped. It'll need another 2-3 coats eventually. The winds are howling around outside right now.

UPS couldn't find this address so I had to get in touch with the seller who got in touch with UPS who got in touch with me so I could give them directions. They thought the address was the apartment complex across the street and were demanding an apt. number. We saw a UPS truck today on the street and talked to him -- he knows the apt. complex isn't the same as our address. Anyhow, the pkg of 4 fluorescents should be here tomorrow.

The window channel and the stove cover rivet still need fixing.

Chuck gave me my xmas present today as I won't be here in Dec. It's a 20-gauge shotgun. I had expressed a desire to have a 20-gauge pump someday so as to make that unmistakable sound, in hopes of deterring the bad guy and, if not, being ready to shoot. My present is not a pump model, but the cocking lever makes a special click all its own. Now I just have to figure out where to carry it. My girlish heart just swooned.

No comments: