Monday, May 12, 2008

Better Somewhat

Well, things are somewhat better, except for the weather (cold, rainy, windy). The ankle is getting better. I actually unhooked my rig from everything and went grocery shopping last Sunday morning. I got to the Walmart Super Center at 9am and the parking lot was humming. Naturally, I didn't know where anything was so had to walk the entire store to find things. Ankle didn't like it much and the drive in the wind and rain was slightly harrowing. But, I got it done and got back and backed up on my leveling pads just right and got everything rehooked. I'm so proud.

Things are some better here at the camp, too. Have been working with P mostly, whom I like much better than J, and who likes me, too. Had a long talk with the owner and she thinks I'm doing fine and have great potential. We discussed my stress level and have agreed to lower my hours to 28 a week instead of 35, which will help me a lot and give me more time to do some sightseeing (there are three, count 'em threee! Frank Lloyd Wright homes in the area).

So I'm feeling a little better all round.

1 comment:

Sharon Kugler said...

I think you ought to give yourself lots of time to adjust, considering what a radical change you've made in your lifestyle. You have so many new skills to learn! I wonder, do you miss your books? Are there libraries nearby you can use? I would love to see a Wright house in situ (all I know is the interior at the Met museum in NY.)
Tell us about them when you go.